Shellback Tactical Level IIIA Ballistic Standard Cut ACH Helmet
The Shellback Tactical Level IIIA Ballistic Standard Cut ACH Helmet provides both level IIIA ballistic and MilStd 662f fragmentation protection. This ballistic helmet is the improved version of the PASGT helmet that has been worn by military personnel for decades. The ACH design allows for greater line of sight, ability to add communication devices and features a comfortable seven piece pad system. Stay protected against ballistic threats and order your Shellback Tactical Level IIIA Ballistic Standard Cut ACH Helmet today!
- ACH - Advanced Combat Helmet
- Meets NIJ 0106.01 Standard
- Level IIIA Ballistic protection
- Fragmentation protection according to MIL-STD 662f standards
- Hybridized Kevlar fibers and UHMWP Spectra shell construction
- Adjustable 4 point retention harness
- D3O TRUST 7 Pad helmet pad system
- Five year ballistic warranty
- Circumference is measured around head, similar to hat sizing. All sizes are measured in inches. If a measurement falls on a dividing line between sizes, select the larger of the two sizes.
- Circumference - 21.9" to 22.7"
- Hat Size - 6 7/8 - 7 1/8
- Weight - 2.9 lbs
- Circumference - 22.7" to 24"
- Hat Size - 7 1/4 - 7 3/8
- Weight - 3 lbs
- Circumference - 24" to 26"
- Hat Size - 7 1/2 to 7 3/4
- Weight - 3.2 lbs
- 357 SIG FMJ
- .40 S&W
- .44 MAG
MIL-STD 662F Frag Threats Defeated
- US MIL-STD Frag 2 gr. RCC
- US MIL-STD Frag 4 gr. RCC
- US MIL-STD Frag 16 gr. RCC
- US MIL-STD Frag 64 gr. RCC
- US MIL-STD Frag 17 gr. FSP
Due to the protective nature of this item - all sales are final.
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
The helmet is pretty good, but it wasn't correct size. I measured my head and ordered accordingly (Large), but it's too big for my head, I have to wear a beanie when wearing the helmet.
Not terribly heavy. Only worn it for less than 10 minutes, easy to adjust for fitment. But on my small head it tends to migrate forward with continuous fast movement like running. I'm sure there's a way to secure it better by enlarging the padded inserts.
I can not atest to the ballistic protection of the helmet, as it states its rated for iiia(helmets are not tested to the same standard as body armor), These rebranded helmets come highly recommended on some tactical reddit forms. It fits comfortably, covers ample of the head, and has nice amount of cushion on the inside. The only thing I would suggest is getting the upgraded chinstrap to ensure a more custom fit and seal to the old noggin.