Shellback Tactical SF Plate Carrier
The Shellback Tactical SF Plate Carrier is a combat ready plate carrier designed for the best outcome in the worst situations. Whether you're Overseas, Domestic, downrange or on the range, you can count on the SF Plate Carrier. Modular, Low Profile and feature packed. The SF Plate Carrier is sized by SAPI plate size to fulfill your unit needs. The most common size is Medium, which fits Medium SAPI size plates and 10x12 plates. Integrated padded 3D mesh shoulder pads provide comfort for load carriage. The interior body side is also lined with 3D mesh padding. The front Kangaroo pouch has an insert to accommodate 3 .223/5.56 magazines. The cummerbund also accepts soft armor inserts and has integrated pockets to accept 6x6 or 6x8 side plates as well. Integrated radio pouch will accommodate common LE radios and MBITR or can be used to add additional magazines on each side. Unique to the SF plate carrier cummerbund is our addition of 3D padded spacer mesh comfort flaps that pad your rib cage area for comfort while wearing side plates or without. The carrier is also highly adjustable on the shoulders and cummerbund for that perfect fit.
- MULTICAM has matching Murdoch woven webbing and Loop/Velcro
- Cummerbund Integrated pocket for 6x6 or 6x8 Plates
- Cummerbund has integrated radio pouch for Police or MBITR radios with secure snap
- Cummerbund integrated padded comfort flap
- Advanced plate carrier that is feature packed.
- Extreme versatility with several PALS web attachment points covering the front, back and shoulders of the vest.
- Fully adjustable and padded front and back shoulder areas. Padded with 3D mesh.
- Shoulder pads come standard/included
- Front and Back areas of loop for placard identifiers
- Fits over soft body armor/Uniforms
- Integrated kangaroo pouch accepts three .223/5.56 magazines
- Heavy duty bar tacking at key stress points
- Low profile/lightweight
- Plate pockets load from the bottom and can also accept soft armor inserts
- Drag handle lays flat- secures with hook and loop
- Constructed of 500 denier Cordura nylon
- Compatible with all MOLLE systems
- 6 x 3 rows of PALS webbing on front of pouch
- Low Profile – Highly Mobile Design
- Bar tacking and reverse stitching for enhanced durability
- Lifetime warranty
- GSA and TAA compliant
The Shellback Tactical SF Plate Carrier is sized to fit military issued SAPI plates. The below chart refers to carrier size and the plates that fit each size.
- Small - 8.75" Wide x 11.75" Tall
- Medium - 9.5" Wide x 12.5" Tall
- Large - 10.25" Wide x 13.25" Tall
- XLarge - 11" Wide x 14" Tall
18 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
First let me say that i think this is well made and comfortable to wear, for the price point i would buy it again. Its hard to properly size things off the internet, so for reference, I'm 5'-7" ,175lbs i bought a medium and it fits me well. Running it with RMA 1155 plates (10"x12"x1") they fit perfectly. I have two gripes, firstly, as others have pointed out, the kangaroo mag pouches it comes with suck. They make it hard to put on the carrier with magazines in and its pointless to store your rig without mags in it. This is not a big deal as it is easily and cheaply remedied by using different mag pouches. Second and more importantly is the cummerbund, the two halves of it are tied together with elastic cord that has to be knotted. This means that the fit of the cummerbund takes a ton of finesse, especially if you aren't greatat tying knots. Buckles, like those on most plate carriers would have made the waist fit better, been sturdier and be easier to adjust. Without changing the design all together, a huge QoL improvement would be if these came out of the box with cord stops installed here.
I bought this for my husband and he is absolutely satisfied! It's very high quality and is exactly what was looking for. Highly recommend!
I bought the SF plate carrier earlier this year. Not long after setting it up I was in the field training and putting it to work. I have not had a single issue and freaking love it! It's a good feeling to know your equipment isn't going to fail you when you're training or out in the field!
I'm 6'3 220lbs I have finally found a plate carrier that fits like a glove I purchased the XL it fits my 11x14 plates and 6x6 side plates no problem. I have tried many other companies (Crye Precision, LBT, 5.11, Rothco, Condor) and this by far is my favorite and the most comfortable plate carrier I have owned especially fully kitted out with plates and mags and other essentials. Good padding, good velcro and breathable I couldn't ask for more. The shipping was fast and the quality is there. Thank you Shellback Tactical!
I love how compact this carrier is. It doesn't ride up under your chin when you sit down, it doesn't rub against my belt, it's easy to adjust and really comfortable - even with 16 lbs of plates. Would recommend this to anyone under 6', it's a smart buy and and easy decision
It is a good overall product however, after tightening the cummerbund as small as it will go with the cord, it is still too large, it will fit but then you do not get to use the radio pouch that is built in. I’m 5’6 and 153 lbs and I have a size small.
Shipped quickly, reasonably priced & well made. Requires a little more effort to put on, when you have magazines in kangaroo pouch. Can’t raise the flap high enough. Plates fit perfectly,
It’s a good carrier but it’s very hard to put it on when you have mags in the front pouch. You are not able to lift the flap up enough to get it where you want it
Use it everyday for work amazing product so far