Tactical Medical Solutions New SOF® Tourniquet
The Tactical Medical Solutions New SOF® Tourniquet is the newest addition to the TacMed tourniquet family. Released March 2021, the New SOF® Tourniquet replaced the Gen 4 SOF® Tourniquet. The New SOF® Tourniquet features three key upgrades: enhanced performance compression band, lightweight rugged buckle and red slack indicator wedge. The tourniquet is comprised of high-strength, lightweight alloy components. Its design allows the tourniquet to slide over a limb or, if the limb is trapped, the tourniquet can be rapidly disconnected and reconnected around the limb without rethreading the strap. With one application method for both the arm and the leg, the New SOF® Tourniquet is the easiest tourniquet to operate under stress, which can lead to reduced levels of blood loss and ultimately better quality patient care. Be prepared and order your Tactical Medical Solutions New SOF® Tourniquet today!
- Released March 2021
- Replaces the GEN 4 SOF® Tourniquet
- 3 Upgrades from the GEN 4 SOF® Tourniquet
- Performance Compression Band
- Completely redesigned webbing maximizes compression during the application process. At a true 1.5” width, the new performance material glides through the Rugged Buckle for quick, snag-free operation and minimizes loss of pressure over time after application.
- Rugged Buckle
- Engineered to remove excess slack in a single fluid motion, the buckle’s shape stabilizes the Performance Compression Band at any angle of engagement. The new Rugged Buckle is an advanced, lightweight composite design with superior strength over previous versions.
- Slack Indicator Wedge
- Stitched into the Performance Compression Band below the windlass, the contrasting wedge offers a visual confirmation you have pulled all excess slack from the band. This is a critical step for proper tourniquet application and results in less windlass rotations required to reach occlusion.
- One handed application
- Proven 100% effective in stopping blood flow in both upper and lower extremities
- Works quickly in life threatening situations
- Tourniquet can be rapidly disconnected and reconnected around the limb without rethreading the strap
- Constructed of high-strength, lightweight alloy components
- 1.5" Tourniquet Strap
- TRAC - Tourniquet Retention Assistance Clip - assist in applications by providing a temporary control point to hold the windlass while engaging the tri-ring
- 5.5" Windlass - The increase in length eases the process of securing the windlass into the clip and tri-ring, increasing the effectiveness of the dual retention system
- Quick Compression Buckle - allows for smoother buckle manipulation due to its rounded edges
- Made in the USA