Shellback Tactical SF 2.0 Plate Carrier
The new Shellback Tactical SF 2.0 Plate Carrier is the second generation of our popular SF carrier. The SF 2.0 has upgraded features including lightweight laser cut molle, removable chest placard for quick loadout change and quick release cummerbund buckles. The SF 2.0 comes in four different sizes to fit military issued SAPI/ESAPI plates and has the same features as the original SF - two padded side plate pockets, triple M4 magazine pouch and two built in MBITR radio pouches. Made right in the USA, the SF 2.0 is backed by our lifetime warranty. Stay ready for the fight and order your Shellback Tactical SF 2.0 Plate Carrier today.
SF 2.0 Features
- Plate carrier comes in four different sizes to fit military issued SAPI/ESAPI plates
- Laser cut molle platform is lightweight, minimalist and extremely durable
- Two Tactik quick release cummerbund buckles allow you to quickly don or doff your carrier
- Removable front placard system to quickly change loadouts on the go
- Front placard has a integrated kangaroo pouch that holds three M4 magazines
- Cummerbund includes integrated side plate padded pockets that fit 6x6 or 6x8 side plates
- Cummerbund includes two integrated radio pouches for police or MBITR radios
- Fully adjustable and padded front and back shoulder straps provide the perfect fit and comfort
- Front and back loop panels for patches or ID placards
- Heavy duty bar tacking at key stress points
- Plate pockets load from the bottom and can also accept soft armor inserts
- Drag handle lays flat and secures with hook and loop
- Compatible with all standard molle pouches
- Lifetime warranty
- Made in the USA
- Berry Compliant
Plate Carrier Sizing Cart
The Shellback Tactical SF 2.0 Plate Carrier is sized to fit military issued SAPI plates. The below chart refers to carrier size and the plates that fit each size.
- Small - 8.75" Wide x 11.75" Tall
- Medium - 9.5" Wide x 12.5" Tall
- Large - 10.25" Wide x 13.25" Tall
- XLarge - 11" Wide x 14" Tall
Cummerbund Sizing Chart
How to Select a Size
- Measure the circumference of your body where the bottom of your plate would sit on your torso
- Take the measurement and add 2 inches to get your final measurement
- Use your final measurement to select from the product dropdown
- Armor Size:
- SAPI/ESAPI Sized
- Carrier Only
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
So I’m picky not gonna lie. I would have given this plate carrier a 5 out of 5 but the cummerbund is the reason I didn’t. I don’t like the elastic on the rear of the cummerbund. With how I have to adjust it the velcro is gonna rip and wear the elastic!! I wish they would ditch the elastic and just lengthen the material with the laser cut and add the Velcro to that. Reason 1 it will be able to hold more weight! Reason 2 it won’t wear out as fast as the elastic would over time. Other then that the plate carrier is awesome!!
ShellBack SF 2.0
I would be a lot better if it had more adjustability to the cummerbund and the cummerbund was as flimsy. But other than that it feels great.
Won’t get a chance to use it till training in January but overall seems like a solid PC. I know it said the size of side plates it could take but would love if the cumberbund was an inch bigger on the width so it could fit my army issued side plates. Or include the interior laser cut molle.
I can appreciate quality.
I'm by no means a professional, but I'm a enthusiast when it comes to armor and plate carriers. Its great that there are so many affordable entry level kits available , but when you're ready to rock something a little more high-end with well thought out features shellback is the way to go. The quick release system works well and the carrier sits perfectly snug while still being comfortable. It has plenty of space for molle attachments and enough area for a well planned out kit. As with everything though your plate carrier is only as useful as you are. So stay healthy, plan well and use your head. This piece of gear will save your life if you understand it well and train consistently with it.